By Thomas K. Hubbard
A better half to Greek and Roman Sexualities offers a finished selection of unique essays with regards to elements of gender and sexuality within the classical world.
- Views many of the practices and discursive contexts of sexuality systematically and holistically
- Discusses Greece and Rome in every one bankruptcy, with sensitivity to the continuities and adjustments among the 2 classical civilizations
- Addresses the classical effect at the knowing of later a long time and religion
- Covers creative and literary genres, quite a few social environments of sexual behavior, and the technical disciplines of medication, magic, physiognomy, and dream interpretation
- Features contributions from greater than forty best overseas scholars
Read Online or Download A Companion to Greek and Roman Sexualities PDF
Best sexuality books
From ads to overall healthiness schooling campaigns, intercourse and sexual imagery now permeate each element of tradition. Striptease tradition explores the 'sexualization' of latest existence, referring to it to wider alterations in post-war society.
Striptease tradition is split in to 3 sections:
* half one – strains the improvement of pornography, following its circulate from elite to mass tradition and the modern fascination with ‘porno-chic’
* half – considers renowned cultural kinds of sexual illustration within the media, relocating from backlash components in directly male tradition and altering photos of ladies, to the illustration of gays in modern movie and television
* half 3 – seems on the use of sexuality in modern artwork, examinging the creative ‘striptease’ of Jeff Koons, and others who've used their very own bare our bodies of their work.
Also contemplating how feminist and homosexual artists have hired sexuality within the critique and transformation of patriarchy, the excessive profile of sexuality as a key contributor to public future health schooling within the period of HIV and AIDS, and the results of the increase of striptease tradition for the way forward for sexual poltics, Brian McNair has produced a good e-book within the research of gender, sexuality and modern culture.
Lou Andreas-Salomé (1861–1937) was once a Russian-born psychoanalyst and writer of experiences on Nietzsche and Rilke.
In 1911, she participated within the foreign Psychoanalytic Congress in Weimar, and soon after went to Vienna to suffer a coaching research with Freud. Written in the course of the years 1912-1913, the magazine starts off along with her participation in his Wednesday night learn workforce and Saturday night lectures. Following her education, Salomé labored along with her buddy the medical professional and analyst Viktor Tausk at Frankl-Hochwart’s hospital in Vienna and attended either the conferences of the Vienna Psychoanalytic Society and the dialogue evenings hosted via Alfred Adler, all mirrored within the diary.
Originally released as In der Schule bei Freud, 1958
Translated and With an creation via Stanley A. Leavy
Passionnés ou dilettantes, d’autres le furent avant vous et le dirent, de leurs mots sages ou fous. Nos petites bibliothèques recueillent ces paroles d’amateurs à l’adresse des amateurs, échos d’un même imaginaire. Des textes à lire et relire, à partager ou à garder pour soi, à portée de major.
Frieden explores tools of dream interpretation within the Bible, the Talmud, and within the writings of Sigmund Freud, and brings to mild Freud’s dating to his Judaic forerunners. This e-book finds unexpected institutions in highbrow background and demanding situations obtained rules in biblical, Talmudic, and Freudian scholarship.
- Studies in the Psychology of Sex Volume 2 (of 6)
- Gender Dysphoria: Development, Research, Management (Perspectives in Sexuality)
- Sex Tourism: Marginal Peoples and Liminalities, 1st Edition
- Christianity and Sexuality in the Early Modern World Regulating Desire, Reforming Practice (Christianity and Society in the Modern World)
- The Sexual Teachings of the White Tigress: Secrets of the Female Taoist Masters
- The Johns: Sex for Sale and the Men Who Buy It
Additional resources for A Companion to Greek and Roman Sexualities
Rhetorica ad Alexandrum ARV J. D. ). Oxford: Clarendon Press, 1962 Ath. Athenaeus August. St. Augustine Civ. Dei De civitate Dei Conf. Confessions BCAR Bullettino della Commissione Archeologica Comunale in Roma BCH Bulletin du Correspondance hellénique BHM Bulletin of the History of Medicine BICS Bulletin of the Institute of Classical Studies, University of London BMCR Bryn Mawr Classical Review CA Classical Antiquity Calp. Fl. Calpurnius Flaccus Cass. Dio Cassius Dio Cat. Catullus CB The Classical Bulletin CCSL Corpus Christianorum, series Latina CD (Cairo) Damascus Document Cic.
Fl. Calpurnius Flaccus Cass. Dio Cassius Dio Cat. Catullus CB The Classical Bulletin CCSL Corpus Christianorum, series Latina CD (Cairo) Damascus Document Cic. Cicero Cat. In Catilinam Cael. Pro Caelio Dom. De domo sua Fam. Epistulae ad familiares Inv. rhet. De inventione rhetorica Mil. Pro Milone Phil. Orationes Philippicae Rep. De republica Rosc. Am. Pro Roscio Amerino Tusc. Tusculanae disputations Verr. In Verrem CIL Corpus inscriptionum Latinarum CJ Classical Journal Clem. Clement CLE Carmina Latina epigraphica Clem.
Dialogi meretricii (Dialogues of Courtesans) Lucr. RN Lucretius, De rerum natura Lys. Lysias Mart. Martial Ep. Epigrammata MD Materiali e discussioni per l'analisi dei testi classici MDAI (A) Mitteilungen des Deutschen Archäologischen Instituts (Athen) MEFRA Mélanges de l'École française de Rome Anitquité Men. Menander Epit. Epitrepontes Mt Matthew Nep. Cornelius Nepos, De viris illustribus Alc. Alcibiades Praef. Preface Num Numbers OSAP Oxford Studies in Ancient Philosophy Ov. Ovid Am. Amores Ars am.